Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Texaphor® 963

• Texaphor® 963

Posted by nasrins on October 16, 2014 at 5:16 am

our company wants to supply texaphor 963( a very good solvent and  dispersant) for nail polish solvent. does any body know how I can supply or introduce a good alternative?

nasrins replied 9 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • bobzchemist

October 16, 2014 at 9:37 am

Ummm…when you say “supply a product”, it means that you want to sell it to other people.

When you “procure or purchase a product”, it means that you buy it for your self.
    When you say “introduce an alternative”, you sound like you are referring back to your first sentence, so are you trying to sell an alternative to Texaphor 963 to other people, or are you looking for an alternative to Texaphor 963 to buy for yourself?
  • nasrins

October 18, 2014 at 1:45 am

sorry my english isnt very well:( , I think perry should hold some english training classes too ;)

we face some problems in our nail polishes(sedimentation of pigment), so we want to change the solvent. and it seems that texaphor963 is a good one. we want to buy it, which companies sells? or is there a good alternative?

• chemist77

October 18, 2014 at 2:03 am

If you are importing the base then I suppose you have to specify the supplier if you are going to use it for top coat or base cost or a pigmented/pearlized shade. Think they do it at their end to make it formula specific, this is what I observed when I was doing these polishes and enamels.
    Secondly if you read the literature of this Texaphor 963 it won’t give you any thixotropy (on its own) and consequently you would face synerisis. Has to be used with other binders to invoke thixotropy.
    I remember our bases used to have some bentones for suspending the pigments and pearl particles.
    Eventually everything is going to settle down by the force of gravity, depends how much you can really prolong it and call it the stability of the product.

• nasrins

October 19, 2014 at 1:23 am

thanks for your explanation but this is not my answer…