Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Advanced Questions Is there an error

• Is there an error

Posted by mkarki on September 20, 2022 at 2:09 pm

I made a protein to straighten the hair, the proportion of glycosylic acid is 30%, and it was added at 40 degrees Celsius, and when the experiment did not give any result, only moisturizing the hair, please help

pharma replied 1 year, 6 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • oldperry

September 21, 2022 at 3:35 pm

What’s the question?

• pharma

September 21, 2022 at 6:36 pm
    What is glycosylic acid?
    What do you expect it to do?
  • mkarki

September 22, 2022 at 11:26 am

Simply, to start from my information space, does pH have anything to do with the effectiveness of hair straightening in the product

• pharma

September 22, 2022 at 6:30 pm
    No, because there is nothing in your brew which would be effective for hair straightening… unless you mistake the misnomer glycosylic acid for thioglycolic acid… then it would be yes.
    To be honest (no hard feelings, K?), I don’t have the impression that there is any information space of yours to start from (again, no offense).
    Use the search bar at the top right of this forum, you’ll find good threads/posts regarding hair straighteners and how they work including (if memory serves me right) book recommendations, too.
  • chemist77

September 25, 2022 at 5:41 am

I guess it is Glyoxylic acid which comes as 50% solution and is being used as an alternative to formaldehyde based straighteners. 

• pharma

September 25, 2022 at 6:06 pm

@Chemist77 Sounds plausible. Didn’t think of that one.