Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General are these dots contamination or something from hoper?

• are these dots contamination or something from hoper?

Posted by abdullah on August 19, 2022 at 9:13 am

this bodywash had
    4% sles+capb at 4:1 ratio 
    0.5% hpmc 
    3% nacl 
    0.1% tetrasodium edta
    0.1% formalin 
    ph 5

after production of a particular batch they forgot to wash this hoper. after 3 days when we saw it, this brown dots was on it. no bad smell or anything ealse. the hoper was in open space and in contact with air.

are these dots some oxidation or something else from hoper materials or it is some kind of microbial contamination?

abdullah replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • PhilGeis

August 19, 2022 at 10:14 am

Forgot to wash (clean) and assume forgot to sanitize and black dots (suggest black fungi).
    the product would be reasonably considered adulterated - “If it has been prepared, packed, or held under insanitary conditions whereby it may have become contaminated with filth.”

suggest you scrap the product and focus on a production system not in control.

• abdullah

August 19, 2022 at 1:02 pm

PhilGeis said:

Forgot to wash (clean) and assume forgot to sanitize and black dots (suggest black fungi).
    the product would be reasonably considered adulterated - “If it has been prepared, packed, or held under insanitary conditions whereby it may have become contaminated with filth.”

suggest you scrap the product and focus on a production system not in control.

i wash equipments before production and sanitize them. after production another workers washes the equipments. we dont sanitize equipments after production.(shoud we sanitize equipments afer production too?)

befor production, tank and all equipments was sanitized with 100ppm hypochlorit solution for 30 minutes. that hoper was from filling machine and it was sanitized with 70% ethanol before use. after production someone toke that hoper outside and they forgot to wash it or clean it. they saw it after 3 days and told me and i asked here.

there is no visible sighn of anything bad with product that has been packaged.

do you think raw materials were contaminated with fungi or equipments werent clean enough befor production even after being washed, sanitized with hypoclorit and ethanol and rinsed with production water( filter water)?

does it look like aspergillus brasiliensis or some other fungi?

what did you mean by this one.” and focus on a production system not in control.”? i didnt get the idea from this.

• PhilGeis

August 19, 2022 at 2:19 pm

Prob should have a consistent protocol and you should sanitize after washing/cleaning.   Shouldn’t offer bugs an opportunity to grow anywhere - or corrosion if that’s what this stuff is.  
    The black dots were in 3 day old product residue left in hopper vessel?  Can you check retains?
    Hypochlorite pH should be ~6.5-7 but NOT less than 6.
    Culture a few of those black dots.  Even if a fungus, doubtful it’s Aspergillus brasiliensis.  

• abdullah

August 19, 2022 at 4:15 pm

thanks 
    after now i will sanitize once after cleaning and once before next batch production.

sorry i asked them again, this hoper was not from last batch that we made 3 days ago. it was from previos batch that we made 6 days ago product residue left in hopper that was open to air. we have 2 hoppers and in the batch from 3 days ago, they used the saim hoper that was used in production line for fillling line too and they did clean that one.

i dont check the ph of hypoclorite every time but the first time i made 100ppm solution in water and checked the ph it wa 6.5-7. it shoudnt be lower than that now too. 

Culture a few of those black dots.” how can i culture them?