edited July 16 in Cosmetic Industry
Free informative article

https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9284/9/4/72

Comments

• Thank you!
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Thanks for posting. Quite useful
  • chemicalmattchemicalmatt Member, Professional Chemist
    @PhilGeis @Perry @Anca_Formulator, I'll extend my thanks to Phil here too, but I have to add I saw a demo of the Good Face Project software while at Cosmoprof North America last week and it impressed the heck out of me. Check it out at www.thegoodfaceproject.com  

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    @chemicalmatt - Interesting. I see they have the Red, Yellow, Green highlighting of ingredients. Is that like the EWG skin deep database?

Nope, you plug in your formula like an Excel sheet and the software scheme tells you if an ingredient is allowed in that nation, or beyond CIR allowable limits or disrespected by Sephora, goop, Target, Whole Paycheck, etc. It makes no judgements, only checks against all nations' laws and all those retailer ingredient sanctions. All at same time and updated monthly.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    @chemicalmatt What is pricing like? I get all that data through paid access to UL Prospector. Of course in a less user-friendly yet acceptable manner.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    The GoodFace Project can be quite expensive ... on the order of $20,000 per month. 
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals & Clean Beauty arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program/Clean At Sephora/Credo Clean guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
    At 20,000 a month I'll stick with UL Prospector.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • AbdullahAbdullah Member
    Thanks
    edited July 19
    You guys are off by a factor of 10. Its $2000 monthly for a 6-month starter, even less for an annual subscription. The Clean Beauty peeps should find it most useful as it conveys and checks against all those greenie-groups' sanctions. Wouldn't want to piss off Gwynn Paltrow with your emulsifier now would  you? 
    Well, for my needs I will stick with UL Prospector. I get all that with the paid version which is a great deal less and it meets our needs.
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    You guys are off by a factor of 10. Its $2000 monthly for a 6-month starter, even less for an annual subscription. The Clean Beauty peeps should find it most useful as it conveys and checks against all those greenie-groups' sanctions. Wouldn't want to piss off Gwynn Paltrow with your emulsifier now would  you? 
    My Bad ... I had read $20,000 per month in an article recently.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals & Clean Beauty arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program/Clean At Sephora/Credo Clean guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • HerbnerdHerbnerd Member
    Looking at thegoodfaceproject.com website it treats Californian regulations differently to the rest of the USA regulations.

Can anyone advise what these differences are? I can only assume California has other requirements on top of the FDA regs.