Actived dimethicon

Hello
good day
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between activated dimethicone and dimethicone in chemical structure and mechanism?

Comments

• ketchitoketchito Member
    @Zahra I never heard the term activated dimethicone. Perhaps it refers to the modified dimethicones with functional groups (like amodimethicones), but in that case, the term should be reactive dimethicone.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Sounds like marketingspeak to me.
  • ZahraZahra Member
    Perry said:
    Hi, active dimethicone is the same as simethicone.
    According to my study in the articles but I do not know if it is true or not?
  • ZahraZahra Member
    Perry said:
    Hi, I'm not a marketer.
  • ZahraZahra Member
    ketchito said:
    @Zahra I never heard the term activated dimethicone. Perhaps it refers to the modified dimethicones with functional groups (like amodimethicones), but in that case, the term should be reactive dimethicone.
    Hi, active dimethicone is the same as simethicone.
    According to my study in the articles but I do not know if it is true or not?
  • ketchitoketchito Member
    @Zahra Simethicone is basically poly(dimethylsiloxane) or dimethicone, with added silica gel. I actually used it as antifoam agent in fabric softeners. But I'd never think about it as "activated" dimethicone, because the dimethicone polymer didn't suffer any structural change. But that's only my opinion 😁
  • ZahraZahra Member
    ketchito said:
    @Zahra Simethicone is basically poly(dimethylsiloxane) or dimethicone, with added silica gel. I actually used it as antifoam agent in fabric softeners. But I'd never think about it as "activated" dimethicone, because the dimethicone polymer didn't suffer any structural change. But that's only my opinion 😁
    Hi, ok thanks.