Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Where to find small quantity of Deoplex (Carruba)?

• Where to find small quantity of Deoplex (Carruba)?

Posted by ari_418 on March 20, 2022 at 8:43 pm

I contacted Carruba and they’re only willing to sell 1kg for 500$. I am not an established company, I need a small amount of it, maybe 10-50g, for an experiment that I’ve been entertaining in my head for a while. Does anyone have any laying around? I’m in So Cal (San Diego metro area). Or know of a supplier/distributor?

INCI is Saccharomyces filtrate. 

dr-catherine-pratt replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • graillotion

March 22, 2022 at 5:32 am
  • ari_418

March 22, 2022 at 3:11 pm

OMG, you are a lifesaver. The preservative system in the Formulator sample shop is leuicide- I’m not super familiar with it but I have doubts about “natural” preservatives vs conventional ones (bramble berry has Na Benzoate/K sorbate). What do you think?

• graillotion

March 22, 2022 at 6:20 pm

ari_418 said:

OMG, you are a lifesaver. The preservative system in the Formulator sample shop is leuicide- I’m not super familiar with it but I have doubts about “natural” preservatives vs conventional ones (bramble berry has Na Benzoate/K sorbate). What do you think?

Leucidal is completely worthless.  I assume your final product will be properly preserved?

• ari_418

March 22, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Leucidal is completely worthless.  I assume your final product will be properly preserved?

Yes, I don’t trust natural preservatives. I am still at the “experimenting in the kitchen” stage of this idea though. So for now it’s not my main concern. I bought the Bramble berry one anyway.

• dr-catherine-pratt

June 4, 2022 at 7:51 am

Ari you can get free samples if you are a formulator within the cosmetic industry. Where are you located? I can organise something for you if you are desperate??? Let me know. cheers Catherine